tailored odyssey. Amsterdam
The bricks and cobbles of the Amsterdam streets and canals exude character, and make you wish you knew the story behind every building and bridge. With this Neighbourhood Experience, you will have your own cicerone walking you through the secrets of the neighbourhood, with a bespoke itinerary created for your interests. A two-hour tour will get you under the skin of the city, and beyond the well-trodden tourist paths. History, architecture, fun facts, gastronomy, …pick your angle and your Tailored Odyssey will quench your curiosity sending you home with some food for thought.
The experience also includes some surprise treats, to further inspire your explorations.
what’s included :
- welcome drinks (in your apartment)
- two-hour private walking tour (for max. 6 guests) customisable to your preferences
- special price on YAYS Bike rental: 5 EUR /bike/day instead of 20 EUR (subject to availability, only for guests above 14 years of age)
- free parking at some of our locations, subject to availability
- 25% discount on your stay, when booked with this Neighbourhood Experience on yays.com
Our neighbours Eva (an anthropologist) and Hanneke (an art historian) are not your usual tour guides. They founded Amsterdam Odyssey to show travellers the city beyond the usual highlights, to inspire, inform and entertain. Their fascinating tours can be adjusted to satisfy guests’ personal preferences and interests. To qualify to become part of the Amsterdam Odyssey team, guides require a Master’s degree in History, Social Sciences and/or Art History. Working only with small groups of travellers allows them to deliver the most personalised and memorable experience possible.